Privacy Notice (Why we collect your personal data and what we do with it)
When you supply your personal details to Suffolk Reiki Company they are stored and processed for 4 reasons (the bits in bold are the relevant terms used in the Data protection Act 2018, which includes the General Data Protection Regulation – i.e. the law):
- We need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
- We have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
- We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your health. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
- Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, we will retain your records indefinitely in order that we can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see us at some future date.
Your records are stored:
- On paper- in locked filing cabinets.
- On our office computer- this is password-protected and backed up regularly.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people will have routine access to your data:
1. Your practitioner in order that they can provide you with treatment and send you appointment reminders.
2. Our accountant, they will not have access to your medical notes, just your name.
3. We also use Webmail to coordinate our messages, so your name and email address may be saved on their server.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors.
Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain.
Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to in the jargon as the “Data Controller”. Here are the details you need for that:
1 Green Farm Cottages, City Lane, Great Finborough IP14 3AR
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information